Monday, November 10, 2008

"What Google Never Told You About Adsense"





Q. Why have you decided to write a blog about Google's Adsense program where you detail your secrets to making large commissions-without this hurting your own business at the same time?

A. When I realized how much money I was leaving on the table, I began sharing my tips with my friends. When their Adsense took-off like wildfire, they suggested that I compile my tips together and put them in blog form. They believed it was an investment that smart site owners would want to make, and they have been proven correct! The blog really has little to do with my existing business model, which is producing quality content for our visitors. The only thing that has "hurt" my business is that due to the popularity of my blog, I don't have as much time to work on my other sites. But that's a good problem to have.


Q. Is there a general group that can benefit from Google’s Adsense more than others or is this wide open to everyone?

A. It's wide open to anyone with a web site. There are very few sites that would not benefit from placing Adsense into the mix. Whether someone has a well-established site, or if they are new to web publishing, my tips are good for everyone. If someone is starting a new site today, I believe it is better to get Adsense "right" from the beginning. Better to starter sooner than later!


Q. What makes the information you provide in your Adsense Blog different than any other Adsense Blog's out there?

A. Truthfully, I haven't READ the other Adsense blogs on the web because I didn't want to be influenced by their content. I wanted to take my own discoveries and show people how to apply them. All I know is the testimonies that are coming in for my Blog confirm that this information is valuable and much-needed.


Q. Can you tell anyone reading this how as little as 5 & 10 cents per click can make Adsense mount up into big money?

A. It's all about volume! To coin a phrase of "nickle and diming" someone to death. Isn't that what the banks do with their interest plans? And THEY are making out like bandits!
The truth is that every click adds up. Every visitor to your site is another opportunity to generate revenue.

Q. How many sites running Adsense does one need to begin to see Adsense commissions adding up?

A.It depends on what your definition of "adding up" is. Some people display as few as 250 page impressions/day. But If they are making $1/day, why not increase it to $2, $3 or more each day? Of course, that number only increases in scale as the number of impressions increases.


Q. Is to best to create several Adsense sites on various topics or should you focus on one big content site with a main topic?

A. This is a matter of personal preference. I always tell people to build sites that they are excited about. Some people use Traffic Equalizer or other programs designed to build instant mega-sites. Those sites will come and go. But people who build a site centered around their interest or passion will be building an annuity that can pay off for many years to come. I have many sites, but I am excited about many things! For me, having several sites has been effective. However, my friend Tim Carter (AsktheBuilder.com) does one thing, and he EXCELS at it. He has no reason to distract his attention from his main business model.


Q. Do you recommend competing in major competitive keyword markets or can less competitive smaller niches bring home the Adsense commissions too?

A. Google doesn't share all their secrets, and some people suspect that larger sites get preferential treatment in terms of the ads they display and the commissions they are paid. However, I think the playing field is fairly level, so that even the "little guy" has a chance at striking it big.


Q. What is a good approach to using website content that can be most profitable with Google Adsense?

A. Since Google uses a bidding process to determine value of keywords, there are certainly keywords that pay significantly more than others. For example, sites whose content revolves around the Vioxx controversy may display ads with a substantial value. I know these keywords were bid as high as $50 at one time. More typical keywords, such as "online chat" will pay only pennies. Note that it is against Google's terms of service to build pages just to display Adsense. However, Google is a supporter of quality content. So if you can build useful content that would pull high-paying keywords, I believe that is very acceptable.
My Blog lists an indispensable tool that keeps track of high-paying keywords. It details thousands of keywords ranked by price, google searches and more. I highly recommend that people get their hands on it.


Q. What are some of the ways website owners can acquire targeted content perfectly suited for Google Adsense pages?

A. Many site owners are syndicating content in order to get greater exposure. With the rise of the blog, RSS feeds are freely available from hundreds of sites. Exploring options for displaying other site's feeds on your site is a great way to build content. Yahoo makes a variety of their news feeds available at: http://news.yahoo.com/rss This is just the tip of the iceberg.


Q. What kind of traffic does it take to start seeing money with the Adsense program?

A. Any money? Even if you have 100 impressions/day, you are likely to get SOME clicks. Sure, it's pocket change, but it is a start. However, once you start displaying 1000 impressions daily, you will be encouraged to build more quality content so that you have more pages to displayAdsense code.



Q. What is are the successful signs to be aware of to know if you are on the right steps to building a successful Adsense marketing plan?

A. Increased CPM, CTR and revenue are the true signs of success. If your stats don't say it, it's not happening.



Q. Is it hard to get accepted by Google's Adsense program?

A. I rarely hear of sites getting rejected. Their terms are very simple and straightforward. They want content sites that aren't poorly designed. They have a few other stipulations related to adult sites, gambling, alcohol, etc, but that doesn't concern the vast majority of web masters.


Q. Can the small marketer as well as more advanced marketers really do well with the Google Adsense program?

A. Absolutely. And Google loves the small marketer. After all , those nickels and dimes add up. :-)


Q. Could you reveal your first 90 days AdSense earnings?

A. As I said before, the beginnings were difficult. There were days in which I
earned just $0.50, $1.62 and even $5, but as I got to know the program more
and combining the TopPayingWords.com with the content, there were days that
I made more than $200. More and more I started to realize that keywords
were essential to increasing revenues. As I started understanding the use of
keywords and developed a keyword list rank, revenues started increasing
incredibly.

No comments: